Oblayo is made from roughly grounded corn.
1 Pour water unto the corn in the saucepan
2 Stir well and allow to settle
3 Pour out the chaff that floats on the surface of the water
4 Add some more water in needed
5 Put it on the hub and stir about every other minutes for about 20 minutes
6 Allow to simmer to thicken as preferred
7 Pour into a desert bowl, Add sugar as desired and evaporated milk, with roasted peanut as well.
How to Prepare Tom Brown porridge
- 2 – 3 cups of Tom Brown
- A glass of milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar – (Any sweetener of your choice)
- Boil water in a pot.
- Pour the Tom Brown into a bowl and add milk and some cold water.
- Mix it thoroughly to form a smooth mixture.
- Pour the paste slowly when it the water on the pot starts simmering (keep stirring evenly till it thickens up).
- Add some cayenne and cinnamon to the paste.
- Add some sugar sweetener of your choice.
- Lower the heat when the mixture begins to boil – continue stirring.
- Give it at least 8 to 10 minutes to cook.
Depending how you would like your porridge to look and feel, add water as needed. Too much water will make watery while less water will make it very thick.
To keep the porridge from becoming lumpy keep stirring it continuously
Your Tom Brown is ready. Enjoy
NOTE: It can be served with peanuts, bread, and other pastries.